Kroppedal is beautifully situated in the countryside 12 miles southwest of central Copenhagen. The museum has a permanent exhibition on Danish astronomy and special exhibitions on archaeology, modern history and astronomy.
Kroppedal is situated amid the natural beauty of Vestskoven and the idyllic Store Vejleå Valley. There are excellent opportunities to combine a visit to the museum with a company picnic or a familiy day out. Bring your lunch packs and enjoy them at our picnic tables or on the greens surrounding the museum.
Every day 12 to 4 p.m.
Guided tours in Danish and English
It takes about an hour to get from Copenhagen to Kroppedal by bus. About 40 minutes by car.
By Train and Bus
Bus 116: Take the S-train to Høje-Taastrup Station. Catch Bus 116 from the station (it leaves once an hour). The ride takes about 15 minutes. Get off at Kroppedal bus stop and walk to the end of the old road (about 400 meters).
Bus 143: The the S-train to Ballerup or Albertslund Station. Catch Bus 143 from the station. The ride takes about 20 minutes. Get off at the old village of Risby and walk for about a mile through the beautiful Store Vejle valley.
By Car from Copenhagen
– Join the motorway (Frederikssundmotorvejen).
– Continue straight ahead onto approach O4 Syd (south) towards Tåstrup.
– Leave at Exit 4.
– Turn right onto Vestskovvej about 100 m.
– Turn left onto Snubbekorsvej about 1 km.
– Turn right onto Ole Rømers Vej about 700 m.
– Turn right onto Kroppedals Allé about 400 meters. You will find lots of parking space at the museum.